6:30 Welcome Back and Overview of ACE Work to Date
7:45 Next Steps – Messaging and Engagement of Champions, Leadership Team and Community Stakeholders
8:15 STFX Service Learning Teams Updates
8:20 Agenda for February 7th, March 7th and April 11th Meetings
All are welcome!
6:30 pm: Welcome, Agenda Review and Evening Desired Outcomes, Re-Cap on ACE Mission, Guiding Principles, Goal Statement (Purpose) and Website
6:45 pm: Solidification of a Shared Future Energy State (Vision for 2025 / 2035 and 2050)
8:00 pm: Upcoming Action Team Deliverables (December / January / February)
8:20 pm: Next Steps
8:30 pm: Closure
All are welcome.
Agenda: action team progress reports. All are welcome.
6:30 Welcome – Agenda Review
6:40 STFX Service Learning Students – Margo
Objective: To review potential service learning job opportunities for ACE to explore.
7:00 Energy Poverty Presentation – Guest Sister Marion Sheridan, Antigonish Affordable Housing Society
Objective: to gain perspective and insights into energy savings
7:20 Efficiency One – Guest Donald Dodge
Objective: to gain insight and to deepen the ACE efficiency draft goals and objectives
7:50 Community Energy Strategic Planning – Dan and Frank
Objective: to propose a design / process for strengthening the ACE community energy plan goals and objectives
8:00 ACE Research and Action Groups – Group Leaders
Objective # 1: to review a process people can work on / feed into master documents
Objective # 2: to gain insight and to deepen the ACE efficiency draft goals and objectives
8:25 Securing Anchor Partners (Who They Are ~ Who Can Help?) and Next Steps (July / August)
All are welcome. For more information, contact Frank Gallant (email@example.com
Next planning meeting: Tuesday, May 3, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, Assembly Hall, Bethany
All are welcome.
Antigonish Community Energy is laying the foundations for community energy planning in the Antigonish area. Six teams are doing research on topics essential to understanding how we get and use energy. The topics are:
2. Economic Development: Local Ownership and Control
3. Solar, Hydro, Geothermal, Wind and Storage Technology
5. Natural Gas and Nuclear
6. Scope / Diagnosis of Our Current Energy System
At the meeting on May 3rd we hope to:
- briefly revisit the six research action groups
- hear updates on the draft energy plan for Research Action Groups 1 (Efficiency), 2 (Economic Development), and 6 (Scope / Diagnosis)
- deepen the individual group work researching and exploring the potential of energy options (most of our time will be spent here)
- explore how to engage additional community stakeholders
- set a date for bringing a draft community energy plan to the community at large for consultation
Anyone with an interest in any of these topics or who wants to participate is encouraged to come to the meeting on Tuesday, May 3. For more information, contact Frank Gallant (firstname.lastname@example.org).